Prior to Eid in Dubai, I longed for an Abaya to join in with the local cultural festivities of this region, but found it difficult to come across a designer that I liked. Of course up until now, thanks to Hessa Al Falasi’s blog. If you’re looking for an elegant Abaya that is on trend, you’re at the right place. Courtesy of Hessa Al Falasi, the above pictures are of their winter 2012 collection, the first and last are my 2 complete favourites simply because they look a million bucks (Velvet and embellishment = on point). That being said, I managed to interview the designer herself, Hessa, to find out what motivates her to create a chic Abaya.
1. Why Abayas?
- I started to design my own abayas because I didn’t find in the market the designs that suite my style.
2. What inspiration is sought when designing your Abaya’s?
- A lot of beautiful things inspire me like fabrics , stylish people, world fashion & trends
3. Describe your Abaya collection is 3 words?
- Stylish , elegant, classic
4. What era of fashion excites you the most?
- 40s & 50s
5. Who is your favorite designer?
- So many designers I don’t have a specific one
6. Which celeb would you choose to represent your Abaya?
- Shaikha Moza Al Misnad
7. What’s the best advice you have been given?
- Always have a goal to reach
8.What challenges have you met whilst growing as a designer?
- To have a new creative designs every season
9. What’s your favorite color?
10. What are your future plans? Would you consider other avenues such as dresses, suits
- To design dresses and daily clothes
I want to thank Hessa Al Falasi and her team for taking time out for this interview. For more details on how to find HF you can follow them on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram: @hfboutique, Info.email@example.com or call for a private view of their collection on +971 44218380.